Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Long Time Coming

I saw the date of my last post and to be honest, I am surprised.  Where has the time gone?  I guess life moves by quickly and sometimes, if I don't do things when I think of them, I forget to do them.  Hence the reason I have not written on the blog in months.  I have thought lovingly about the support and relief I got from this blog.  During the worst times in my life, I was able to put my thoughts and emotions out there in cyberland and I received an enormous amount of love and blessings from those who read and commented.  Sometimes it allowed me to deal with what was happening in a very therapeautic way.

But, life continues and things happen.  The past few months have proved to have some major changes in our lives.  The biggest change is that I have started my student teaching.  This means I have taken off my stay-at-home mom hat and put on the working mother hat.  I can't say it has been easy.  I miss being at home with my babies (well...I guess Skylar and Kassey aren't technically babies any more, but they will always be my babies!)  I am teaching 6th grade math.  Come to find out, middle schoolers are a completely different breed!   I have a fantastic supervising teacher, who is very supportive, encouraging, and has helped make the transition as easy as possible.  Kassey has been adjusting to daycare, but we are lucky to be able to keep it all in the family.  My sister-in-law runs a in-home daycare and had a spot to take Kassey.  Kassey loves being able to see 4 of her cousins every weekday!  I gotta admit, I am not sure I am loving it as much.  When I would pick her up at school in the fall she would run at me with a huge smile on her face yelling 'Mommy!!"  The excitement on her face was precious.  Well, I can kiss those day goodbye.  Now when I come to pick her up, she hides and cries that she doesn't want to leave.  I think Aunt Missy must be bribing her with candy or something!  :)

Skylar is also adjusting to the change.  A teacher at her school offered to let Skylar stay with her and her daughters after school until I get home.  What a God-send!  Skylar is able to get her homework done and I know she is safe.  Skylar played basketball and lacrosse over the winter and is now back in the swing with soccer.  I really liked the fact that she tried different sports during the winter.  I think she appreciated the fact that I know nothing about either one, so I couldn't coach her!  Gotta admit,  I kinda liked just being "Mom".

In the last post I shared before pictures of Kyara's Park.  We have had 2 build dates, but the building is still not completely finished.  The project is still very exciting, though!  There are many different organization who are looking forward to using the community center as an outreach for the people in the area.  God's hand is all over this project.  I am thrilled to be a part of it and I look forward to the day that the center is completed and can be used by the neighborhood.

Last year God placed it on my heart to look into a mission trip.  I was not sure at the time where this would lead me.  I didn't even know where to start, but I felt there is something I am suppose to be doing.  In the fall, I caught wind that my church was going to Belize on a mission trip this coming summer.  After finding out more about what was involved in the trip, SKYLAR and I have signed up.  We will be visiting children in the orphanage, participating in a Vacation Bible school, playing sports with the kids and spreading Jesus' love to the people in a small town just outside Belize City.  I am super excited about this opprotunity and I will share more as we know more.  My goal is to go with an open mind and an open heart.  I hope I can share the love and comfort I have received through Jesus with others as well deepen my relationship with Jesus.  I will share more as we get closer to this exciting opprotunity. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genie you sooo blessed! What a loving and truly amazing God we serve! Kyara will never be forgotten and the memories of her will live forever. Love you all!

Anonymous said...

I have been following your blog for a while and was so happy to see your recent post. Thank you for being an inspiration to so many. God bless to you and your family!